OnLine English (OLE) Program
The Institute on Disability and Public Policy (IDPP) and partner University of Malaya's Centre for Continuing Education are collaboratively offering an OnLine English (OLE) course that provides students the opportunity to refine academic English language skills. The course uses a combination of real-time (synchronous) and on-demand (asynchronous) components. Students are able to improve their language and communication skills in preparation for acceptance into the virtual Master's in Comparative and International Disability Policy (CIDP) program. The content-driven language instruction focuses on key academic and communication skills, and is especially tailored for public policy graduate students.
The OLE program provides opportunities for participants to improve skills in:
- Summarizing, evaluating, and synthesizing information from a number of sources
- Using a wide variety of structures and vocabulary to convey meaning
- Identifying and interpreting main ideas and details in oral and written texts
- Writing clear, relevant, and well-structured responses on a variety of academic subjects
- Preparing for taking English language proficiency exams
Virtual classroom (online)
17 June - 16 July 2013
This online program uses a combination of real-time (synchronous) and on-demand (asynchronous) components. The program uses the same cyberinfrastructure tools used to faciliated the CIDP program.
The program is open to prospective and current students in the CIDP program without a cost. Prospective students must submit their online application to the CIDP program, including any English language proficiency scores they may have, in order to enroll in the program without a cost. The program is open to the public on an application and fee basis.